Creating a new emailing
Each emailing is based on a template – the email template. When creating a new emailing, the appropriate template is copied and then filled with content by you. The template itself is already pre-configured:
- contains placeholders for articles
- automatically adapts articles to corporate design standards
- contains legally prescribed elements such as a legal notice or unsubscribe link
- if desired, the emailing can be read out, printed or subscribed to as an RSS feed
- automatically redirects to the landing page where available
To create a new emailing, you can either click on the eMailings folder in the folder navigation and then select + New, or you can click on the + in the icon-based quick access.
You can choose from two eMailing objects: The emailing is sent out manually by you and the emailing (event)”is automatically triggered by the system – e.g. birthday greetings.
Click on eMailing. You will be taken to an entry screen where you can enter the internal name and a subject where applicable. Then choose one of the existing templates. Scroll down and click on the Save button.
Creating a new emailing
Clicking on + in the icon-based quick access creates a new eMailing.
The following types of eMailings are available.
- eMailing (for manual dispatch)
- eMailing -event (Automated eMailing) is automatically triggered by the system - e.g. birthday greetings
- eMailing -Trigger (Trigger-eMailing)
- PrintMailing (postal letter)
Select template and assign a name for the eMailing.
In the second step, you select a template for the eMailing, enter a name and a subject line. Scroll down and click the Save button.
Specify header image and editorial text
In this tab, you can see the current status of your eMailing. Here you insert your previously created articles and delete the placeholder articles if necessary. You can also insert additional text – if the template contains corresponding placeholders.
In the visual editor you see all editable objects and placeholders, where you can add and edit contents – in this case these include the header image, the editorial, the article and the legal notice.
To insert a new article, please go to the relevant SLOT – here “Content” – and click on the button on the right with the +icon. A small input mask will open. Here you can select the desired article. To do this, click on the “Please select” section. This opens a list with the latest articles. If the article isn’t on the list, click on “show all”. This opens the file browser again. Clicking on the text or the stylised pen opens a small input mask where you can edit the text.
- To replace the header image, click on the header image. The folder with the available images will appear in the object picker.
- The individual salutation for the recipients is already integrated in the template and can be edited under the tab configuration.
- Clicking on the text or the stylized pen opens a small input mask where you can edit the text.
Note: Whenever you see a field with this icon , the field can be individually edited. By clicking on , you can edit an article or upload a new image to an article.
After you have selected an article, it will appear in the input mask. Then click on “Add” and the article will be added to the SLOT – here “Content”. Clicking on - removes the article from the slot changes the order of articles in the slot.
You usually don’t need to make any more changes here, as the included data is already filled in correctly based on the eMailing template. This is done automatically during creation. You only need to check the data for content errors or spelling mistakes. In the template section, you can see the template on which the eMailing is based.
The subject line is one of the key criteria for whether an eMailing is opened or deleted immediately. Therefore please take the time to find a relevant and interesting subject. You can choose customisation variables in the eMail marketing system on the basis of which the subject is adapted individually to each recipient – e.g. title and surname of the recipient.
Here you can attach files to the eMailing. However, this is not recommended because:
- attachments may lead to a higher SPAM rating.
- this increases the likelihood of recipients unsubscribing from the newsletter.
- this does not meet the recommendations of the CSA (Certified Sender Alliance – a positive list of companies whose emailings are not filtered by automated SPAM filters).