A transmission-domain is used to provide outgoing links of an e-mailing and URLs (e.g. of the images used) with the registered transmission-domain.
If an image URL is https://scnem3.com/sid=xxx.xxx, it is automatically converted to the following image URL when an email is sent: https://transmission-domain/sid=xxx.xxx.
This serves as a confidence-building measure, as it signals to the recipient that the newsletter originates from the specified sender.
A transmission-domain can be a sub-domain of your company domain or any other domain that is available to you and is not used for any other purpose.
Forms and LeadPages can also be called up or linked via the transmission-domain.
A transmission-domain can be configured as follows:
- for an entire group (all clients),
- as default for all clients even if a new client is created
- or only for selected clients
Each group and each client can be assigned multiple transmission-domains. This is useful if, for example, you send different types of newsletters and each of them should use its own transmission-domain.
- Set up sub-domain e.g. news.your-domain.com
- In the DNS of your sub-domain, enter our dispatch server IP (220.127.116.11) in the A-record.
Inform the support team: Tell them about the sub-domain and the successful entry of the A-record. If the transmission-domain should only be available for certain clients, please specify corresponding clients.
- Your sub-domain will be registered as a transmission-domain.
- The support team will inform you about the successful setup. The transmission-domain is available for selection in e.g. templates, mailings, forms, etc.
Since a transmission-domain, like a login-domain, points to the Evalanche login screen when called without parameters, it can be visually customized under Settings/Login Page, as is the case with login-domains.