As a rule, each e-mailing is based on a template - the so-called e-mail template. When you create a new e-mailing (e-mailing, e-mailing (split), e-mailing (event), e-mailing (trigger)), the corresponding template is copied and then filled with content by you. Usually you use an eMail template for this.
This template is usually already preconfigured:
- contains placeholders for articles
- automatically adapts articles to corporate design standards
- contains legally prescribed elements such as a legal notice or unsubscribe link
- if desired, the emailing can be read out, printed or subscribed to as an RSS feed
- automatically redirects to the landing page where available
To create a new emailing for newsletter sending, you need the following objects:
- eMailing template (Template)
- Article (from matching article type)
- Article template
- Image(s) for the article
Creating a new emailing
The following types of eMailings are available.
- eMailing (for manual transmission)
- eMailing -event (Automated eMailing) is automatically triggered by the system - e.g. birthday greetings
- eMailing -Trigger (Trigger-eMailing)
- PrintMailing (postal letter)
In the second step, you select a template for the eMailing, enter a name and a subject line. Scroll down and click the Save button.
Header and editorial
In the visual editor you can see all editable objects and placeholders where you can insert and edit content - here the header image, the editorial, the articles as well as the imprint. Clicking on the editorial opens the editor. Here you can enter and edit a text for the editorial.
In the tab Content/Visual you can see the current status of your emailing. Here you insert your pre-created articles and delete the placeholder articles if necessary. You can also insert additional texts - if the so-called placeholders are available for this in the template.
- To replace the header image, click on the header image. The folder with the available images will appear in the object picker.
- The individual salutation for the recipients is already integrated in the template and can be edited under the tab configuration.
- Clicking on the text or the stylized pen opens a small input mask where you can edit the editorial.
As soon as you see the pencil icon next to a field, the field can be edited individually. By clicking on the pencil icon within an article, you can edit the article or assign a new image to this article.
To insert a new article, please click on the button with the + sign on the right side of the corresponding slot - here Content. A small input mask will open. There you can select the desired article. Click on the Please select area. A list of the current articles will open. If the article is not in the list, click on Show all. The file browser opens.
After you have selected an article, it appears in the input mask. Then click Insert and the article will be inserted into the slot - here Content. Clicking on the - sign deletes the article from the slot. The arrows change the order of the articles in the slot. The drag and drop handles can also be used to change the order of the items.
You can also create new articles as follows: Create and configure articles
You usually don’t need to make any more changes here, as the included data is already filled in correctly based on the eMailing template. This is done automatically during creation. You only need to check the data for content errors or spelling mistakes. In the template section, you can see the template on which the eMailing is based.
The subject line is one of the key criteria for whether an eMailing is opened or deleted immediately. Therefore please take the time to find a relevant and interesting subject. You can choose Replacement variables for personalization in the eMail marketing system on the basis of which the subject is adapted individually to each recipient – e.g. title and surname of the recipient.
Here you can attach files to the eMailing. However, this is not recommended because:
- attachments may lead to a higher SPAM rating.
- this increases the likelihood of recipients unsubscribing from the newsletter.
- this does not meet the recommendations of the CSA (Certified Sender Alliance – a positive list of companies whose emailings are not filtered by automated SPAM filters).