An article type is created in the Article Types folder by clicking on + New/Article type. You can find this in the left folder navigation in the Settings folder.
This object type is a container that contains an article configuration. This allows you to configure and view the pool fields used in the article - starting with the data types up to labels, default values, help and input restrictions.
The article type represents the actual configuration of the article. This is where the fields are created, edited and grouped, which appear in the later article object. With a click on new field you can add a new field to the article type.
A new field for an item type is created by clicking the "New field" button.
The following field types can be added to an item:
- Single-line entry - Provides a simple, single-line entry
- Multiline input - Creates an input field for multiline text
- Multiline input (formatted) - Like multiline input but embedded in a WYSIWYG editor
- Multiple Line Input (HTML Editor - Like Multiple Line Input (Formatted) but with a full HTML editor
- Single selection - Creates a drop-down list
- Multiple selection - Creates a checkbox list
- Boolean (True/False) - Creates a checkbox
- Image - Creates an image picker
- Image (List) - Creates a list of images
- Url - Creates a single line input with URLpicker
- Links (List) - Creates a list of links
- Date with time - Allows you to enter date and time with calendar picker
- Color - Creates an input field for a color with color picker
- Container - Creates a container picker
- Container (List) - Creates a list of containers
- Values (List) - Creates a list of values
Note about link lists
If multiple link lists are used in an article type, only the first link list with the role "link list" can generate tracking links that can be assigned to the article. All other link lists generate links that are attributed to the emailing instead of the article in shipping statistics.
There are also special field types that are intended for the design and documentation of the article.
- Documentation - Displays the text entered in the default field
- Separator - Creates a horizontal line to separate the fields